Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Weirdest Jelly Ever



I made this lime marmalade last night, and man, is it weird. Bitter and limey. Not sure what I'll do with it, quite honestly. It didn't make quite two pints, so there's not a ton. I should have used half pints, but didn't have any on hand. I think it might make a nice pork shoulder glaze, which then might make a nice shredded pork taco. Or a filling for a lime cake? Lime jelly roll? A little perplexed, but I should mention the jell it made was sublime. (Ha, ha! Thanks, Shane!)

Props out to Diana who bestowed this limey goodness upon me. She knew I would take the lime quest mission. Next up: lime curd? Can I can this? I don't think so, but perhaps you beg to differ.

Recipe: http://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--3042/lime-marmalade.asp
Note: this picture isn't so hot, but the green of the limes really turns olive and isn't so pretty to begin with, so I didn't pursue a greener shot.

2 comments:

  1. What about some sort of thumbprint cookie. A simple little number that you could fill with a dab of the limeness. There would need to be some coconut involved. Hmm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut! What a great idea. Thanks, Daney!

    ReplyDelete